Fight hunger, support children, improve health, reduce homelessness - right here in the Coastal Bend.
In November 2009, nine area Foundations initiated a COASTAL BEND DAY OF GIVING, a matching gift program in response to the need for food and shelter in the Coastal Bend. Additional, even more successful Days of Giving have been held every November since then. The seven events, each only 24 hours in duration, have raised over $7.3 million for nonprofits providing basic services to the needy. For the 2016 Day of Giving, 24 matching funders have come together to provide a match fund of $750,000, enabling each of the 45 participating nonprofits to raise at least $33,340 if they make the match in individual online donations!
This community give-together begins at midnight on November 15 with a minimum gift of only $10. Administered by the Coastal Bend Community Foundation, it is a community-wide event to show off the Coastal Bend's spirit of giving, raise awareness about local nonprofits, and celebrate the collective effort it takes to make this area great.
The Coastal Bend Day of Giving Provides:
A Unique Solution to Community Needs
- Helps thousands of residents – over 35,000 in 2015 alone
- Raises much needed funds at very low cost to nonprofits
- Strengthens nonprofits through new donor and volunteer recruitment
An Effective Response
- Achieves greater donor impact than possible individually
- Introduces new donors to philanthropy - in every event, the number of donations under $100 has been over 75% of total donations.